Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thank you and carry on

I wanted to take a moment and thank all of you who supported my campaign for school board. Unfortunately, when all of the votes were tallied around 2:30 in the morning of November 5, I did not garner enough votes to secure a win. While I am disappointed in the final results, I am rather pleased with the tremendous outpouring of support that I received from each one of you as I spent time talking to the San Juan Unified community about student achievement, parental involvement and fiscal prudence. Tens of thousands of you voted in my behalf and I couldn't be more pleased to see how many people were interested in more than continuity with our district's current direction.
I hope that my being in the race was enough to drive some of the more critical issues to discussion in the district. I met so many great people who care a lot about the state of education and are willing to do just about anything to make sure that our children have a positive experience in school and become productive and educated citizens. I plan on continuing to be involved in the district, especially as my two sons begin kindergarten over the next few years.
If there are issues that you believe I can be of assistance with, I welcome any of your suggestion and comments to my website (which I'll continue to maintain) or to my private email (you can get that by going to my website). You are free to contact me at any time. I will continue to comment on public policy and politics on this blog.
One piece of house keeping--if you have a sign in your yard, or placed any in the community, would you please remove the sign and contact me so that I may pick it up? I'll be out and about in the district removing the signs so that we can return to some visual normalcy. It might be helpful to have these signs if I'm crazy enough to throw my hat into the ring again years down the road. You can also dropped them off at my front porch or carport if you are in the area.
I hope that our paths continue to cross over the coming years. And until we meet again, please accept my deepest and most sincere appreciation for all of the help you were to my campaign. Your contributions of time, talent and money will never be forgotten. Again, thank you for all that you have done for me and for what you continue to provide for my children's future.
Onward and upward!

No comments: